Monday, June 20, 2016

NOT the official weekly update

6/20/16
I haven't heard from Sister Galli yet this morning other than a quick email from someone else's iPad and email account saying that she will be online later today to communicate with us. Meanwhile, I have been lucky enough to get a couple of random updates this week from other people, and since I'm planning on printing this blog out at the end of her mission, I want to include them on here. I have already posted a couple of these pics on Facebook and Instagram, so I apologize if you've already seen them.

The day after she arrived in Washington DC, a group picture of the new missionaries popped up on a moms and dads FB page for this mission. It was good to see her there, looking so happy. What a great looking bunch!
New arrivals in the Washington DC North mission on May 18, 2016

After that little treat, we went back into 'waiting' mode, counting down the days until we could hear from her. Then, on Friday night, out of the blue, I received a picture and a text from the bishop's wife of the ward they are serving in.

Sister Galli and Sister Williams

It was so fun to see a picture of her with her new companion. Strangely enough, this is the daughter of a mom that I met on the moms and dads FB page for this mission back in February. She answered a lot of my specific questions and was super helpful. When I saw this girl's picture I thought it might be her, and then when I zoomed in on the name tag I knew for sure. What a huge coincidence! This sister is nearly done with her mission so Hannah is lucky to be able to train with her and learn from her.

There is also a mission blog that the mission president's wife maintains (they are leaving at the end of June however). I've pulled a few more pictures off of that blog so I can have them here as well, but if you want to check it out the address is www.calledtoserveindcnorth.blogspot.com


Sister Galli with President and Sister Cooke
All of the new missionaries and some of their trainers
Sister Galli and Sister Williams at the temple
Well, that's all I have at the moment. I will update later today after I hear from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment