Monday, August 21, 2017

The Trio Transcends!

That sinking feeling you get in your chest when the clock hits 6pm on a Monday and you haven't sent out a group email for  that week. *gulp* Well, I'm alive and two weeks worth of missionary life to update you all on. How fun :)

So since I emailed last, we had Transfers! As expected, Sister Rawlins, Sister Wilcox, and I all parted ways, each getting a new companion.  However, what was the least expected of it all, was that I was transferred to be in another Trio, in my first area! So more likely than not, I will end my mission in the same area which I began. #LivingTheDream

My two new companions are Sister Yancey and Sister Sheffer.  Sister Yancey is from Firth, Idaho and has been on her mission for 11 months. Sister Sheffer is from Phoenix, Arizona and just finished being trained here in Kentlands, so I am greenie-breaking for the third time.  (What's funny is I also was the one greebie-breaking her trainer...man I'm old).

I received a great welcome back into the ward with almost all the members remembering me and being genuinely happy to see me again. One of the main reasons they were happy is probably because I found a lady that got baptized, and since then, her three children have been baptized and her husband wants to be taught as well! It's nice to see the fruits of our work because it quite honestly doesn't happen all that often in life (and especially missionary life).

It feels good to be back on home-turf.

One of the Investigators now in this area is named Helen.  She's from Russia and the sisters knocked into her a few weeks ago.  We had a great lesson with her this week and she happily accepted the invitation to be baptized! It was especially cool because it was Sister Sheffer's first time inviting somebody to be baptized :) You can baptize in any area, people!

The weeks are flying by and they go especially fast when we work hard, which thankfully this transfer, I won't be dragging a companion along to do so.

Happy to be serving :)
~Sister Galli


This is an investigator named Thomas who we knocked into and he was great!
I believe he's on baptismal date now too :) 


S'mores in Carrollton before transfers.

The new Trio with Sis Yancey and Sis Sheffer

Solar Eclipse Day!

Bonus Pic from Sis Karren this morning!
Her grandson, Josh, is visiting and is friends with Hayden.

No comments:

Post a Comment