Monday, October 23, 2017

No Email This Week

Mom minute:
I was able to chat with Sis Galli back and forth this morning. She said their apartment is going to be painted and have new carpet installed this week, so they will be moving in with some members for a few days. I suspect she got busy packing, etc and just ran out of time to send a general email. I thought I would use this opportunity to post a couple of letters that two of her companions have sent me over the past few months (names have been removed for privacy online). I suspect she will want them to be included when we make the blog into a book. These letters mean so much to me! It's so nice to know that your child is affecting others in a positive way out in the world.


Hi! This is Sister _____________, I'm one of Sister Galli's companions. 
I just wanted to take a minute to tell you how amazing your daughter is. 

First of all, Sister Galli has an incredible amount of patience! I am a pretty new missionary, and I had just finished my training at the time we became companions. I make alot of mistakes, yet she has never chastised me for it. She has shown me nothing but kindness. I am so grateful to have had her help this transfer in teaching me how to be a better missionary. 
Another thing I am especially grateful for is Sister Galli's example of Christlike service. Every time there is a need, she finds a way to fill it. I am just amazed at her kindness! There have been times this transfer when i have gotten really stressed, and she always helps me calm down.

 I also have to note that she always has a smile on her face, and her beauty shines from the inside out! 

Sister Galli is also very knowledgeable about practiaclly everything! I am grateful for her impeccable memory, because it has helped our companionship alot in this area! Especially because I am pretty forgetful. Her quick thinking is instrumental in helping to make the schedule for all of the VC sisters. She is a wonderful VC trainer! Her mind is incredible, and she chooses to use her intellectual talents to help in God's work, it's awesome!

Thank you for raising her to be the wonderful influence that she has been here in this mission! Her example has made a positive impact in my life, and she inspires me to be better. I feel lucky to know your daughter :) 

Thank You!
Sister ______________



Hey, so this is Sister _________. I thought I should email you and let
you know how awesome your daughter is.
Sister Galli has been such a friend to me. She has taught me so much
about the gospel, missionary work, and myself. She's smart, funny, and
genuine. Thank you so much for raising her in the gospel. She has
become one of my best friends out here.
I'm really impressed with her. She works hard and she knows how to
have fun. She also loves you very much and likes talking about you. It
sounds like she has a great relationship with you. Having a good
mother-daughter relationship is something to be highly cherished
because not everyone has that.
We've had lots of great adventures together. She takes me to PetSmart
because I love pets and have been having withdrawals..... she is very
mindful of my needs.
She also is very dedicated and loves serving people. I notice her love
for the sisters at the Visitor Center because she always puts them
first with scheduling and such so they have a good VC schedule that
day.
I can't thank you enough for all the many long years spent on raising
Sister Galli. The challenges of being a parent are overwhelming to say
the least, so thank you. You have raised one awesome daughter who is
changing the lives of all she meets. She has left a great legacy here
in the mission.
You should be proud.

Sister ___________

1 comment: