Monday, October 30, 2017

This Is The End

I’m not sure what I expected to come up with when I sat down, determined to write an incredible last weekly email. 

How can you sum up the last 18 months of your life in a general email, let alone with emotionless characters on a screen?
My mission has been a complete rollercoaster of events and emotions.  To use even a handful of adjectives would not give it an accurate sketch.
Was it “the best two years” of my life? No, honestly. Not at all.  
But with that same amount of honesty, it was the best two years FOR my life.
I am so thankful for my mission and for what it has done with my old life and for how it will impact my future. 

Here are just a few things I’ve either learned or had my testimony strengthened of on my mission:
1. With every fiber of my being, I know that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God; that it was translated by the true, holy prophet of God, Joseph Smith; and that anybody can know of it’s truthfulness by reading from its pages and praying to our Father in Heaven about it.
2. I know that every person has the potential to become what God wants them to be—be it strangers on the street or you—anyone can repent, everyone can be forgiven, and everybody can change.  
3. Enduring to the End should be our goal, but life is also meant to be enjoyed! If you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong. Make the most of the little things and share a smile with everyone.
4. God is mindful of every single one of His children and is literally in the details of all their lives. There will be people you meet, seemingly randomly, where you will be able to influence each other’s lives for good, and you were only able to do that because God had your paths cross at that right time for that right reason. There are no such things as coincidences!

I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, and I know that He has Restored His Church in these last days to prepare us for His Second Coming.  Of these and many other truths, I am certain.

In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
~Sister Galli



All of the VC sisters after our farewell (the five sisters holding hands in the middle of the pic are leaving)
The 'Elders' at the ward Trunk-or-Treat


No comments:

Post a Comment