Monday, September 19, 2016

Time is Ticking 🕑

Happy p-day everybody :)
I hope you've all had a wonderful week with many smiles
Unlike usual, I'll start out this email with the most exciting fact
and that is that yesterday marked my 4 month mark 🎉😱
It's both exciting and terrifying for me.
I'm mere days away from my 25% completion day.
I should have believed all those wise souls that said missions were short.
Although it is quite an accomplishment to have been serving God with
all the fibers of my being for four months, I'm more terrified to
think that I still have so much work to get done before I have to
begin "real life" again.
But time is so insignificant in the grand scheme of things.  We really
ought to cherish all the time that we have.
No matter where you've been, who you were or who you are, you can
change.  You can improve.  Today is the first day of the rest of your
life.  So act today in a way that you'd like to be for the rest of
your life.  But we also know life doesn't even end with death.
Moments are the molecules that make up eternity.
I think this video is really good an applies to a lot of our hectic lives
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-06-012-moments-that-matter-most?lang=eng

Not much update on the work in Kentlands.  We met with Patty and CJ
again last week and are planning to meet with both of them again this
week.  Also, our Polish family were finally able to move into their
town house so once they're unpacked, we'll be able to actually teach
them the lessons and not just trying to explain things during church
while the teachers are speaking.

Sorry if this email sounds a little jumbled or scatterbrained--trying
to write it quickly so Sister Watkins can use my iPad to email her
family.
~Sister Galli


Six of the 14 missionaries that came from the MTC together

No comments:

Post a Comment